Thursday 17 December 2015

Plus Size Holiday Lookbook


The Holiday season is right on our doorsteps and I couldn't be more excited. I personally take every occasion and cause to celebrate very seriously, but the Christmas season is by far my favourite. Not only does it bring about memories of family time and sipping eggnog by the fireplace, this time of year seems to always put me at ease. Be it the ending of a busy year or even just the fact that I get to spend weekends in unicorn onesies and eating my body-weight in festive cookies, the Holidays can't come soon enough. 
Along with the cozy onsies and eggnog Netflix sessions comes Holiday parties. The number of Holiday gatherings and Christmas potlucks can be overwhelming, especially on your wardrobe. With each event being different than the last, it can be quite the juggling act getting outfits put together. But don't you fret! With the help of some Calgary babes, Kimberly and Mersadi, I have come up with a guide based on three looks, each put together by one of us, with essential pieces you can mix and match all Holiday season long!

Look 1: Feminine Edge by Kimberly

Fur Trim Marcona Coat - Addition Elle | Michel Studio Tulle Skirt - Addition Elle | Michel Studio Mock Neck Sleeveless Blouse - Addition Elle | Liquid Insert Legging - Addition Elle | Metal Tassel Necklace - Addition Elle | Studded Heel Boots - Penningtons

Look 2: Printed Chic by Mersadi

L&L Jacquard Midi Skirt - Addition Elle | Addition Elle Blouse (August collection) - Similar Here | Lightweight Dotted Tights - Addition Elle | Boots (previous season) - Similar Here

Look 3: Fur Glam by Inemesit

High Slit Midi Dress - Rebdolls | Faux Fur Coat - Penningtons | Rhinestone Statement Necklace - Penningtons Beaded Clutch - H&M | Shoedazzle Heels (old) - Similar Here
These three looks are unique yet are comprised of essential pieces you can mix and match to create new outfits. Some ideas include pairing a simple blouse with the Black Tule skirt from Kimberly's look with the cheetah print heels from my look, or rocking the Pennington fur coat from my look with some high waist leggings and the beautiful blouse from Mersadi's look. It's all about purchasing key pieces that you know can be re-worn and adding finishing touches from your own closet, saving both money and time!
I want to extend a huge thank you to Kimberly and Mersadi for being a part of this lookbook. They put in a lot of their own personal time to come up with these looks and I am beyond excited to see the finished product. I could have easily come up with three outfits on my own, but I thought it was important to showcase different styles on different types of bodies. Plus size is such a wide range (a fact that is often forgotten by many) so showing a wide array of body types ensures that every woman acorss the board can feel confident and sexy in their own skin. 
You ladies are superstars and I can not wait to do more lookbooks with you!