Tuesday 1 December 2015

It's Been a While

Hi-Lo Knit Sweater Dress - Torrid | Torrid Plaid Ruana Wrap (sold out) - Similar Here

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've put out a blog post. Life has been a little bit hectic and it got to the point where I had to step away for a bit. There were major lay-offs at my place of work which really shook me to the core. I have never been in a situation like that where colleagues that have become good friends are removed from your day-to-day routine. Coupled with that, things in my personal life became overwhelming too. I took a good, long look at the people in my life and had to evaluate whether their influence was positive or not. This led to me cutting out a lot of people from my life, leaving space for only positivity and good vibes in my inner circle. Finally, with all the tragic and racially driven events that have occurred across the globe, and the sea of political banter that inevitably followed, my world felt like it was crashing down around me. Every little thing would set me off and I felt like I had lost my general purpose in life (huge statement, but it really did come down to this).
Unfortunately, this loss of purpose translated directly into the blog. I lost the drive to put together looks and my inspiration suffered drastically. I finally had enough and was lucky enough that I had coincidentally planned a trip to Ontario around the same time as I hit my metaphysical wall. The trip is exactly what I needed; I was surrounded by friends and family and was able to recharge my internal battery. I want to extend the biggest thank you to my two girls Taya and Nyasha who really held it down and helped me work through a pretty tough time. This trip really showed me the importance of surrounding myself with good people and I will be forever grateful for all the light and love that these people provided me over the past week and a half.   
Now I'm back and feel better that ever. I have been rejuvenated and have found my smile again. I have a completely new outlook on my personal life and am ready to tackle all the ups and downs that life is sure to throw my way. Thank you so much for hanging in there and being patient with me as I worked through this. I have my inspiration back and cannot wait to share all my thoughts with you all again! 
Happy December and I hope your month is amazing!