Thursday 30 April 2015

Fanatics x Inemesit

Hi everyone!

I was challenged to put together an outfit featuring one of Fanatics MLB hats. If you don't already know, Fanatics is a leading online retailer of officially licensed sports merchandise and provides the ultimate shopping experience to sports fans. They focus on everything sports, specializing in apparel that is officially licensed through their Fanatics and FansEdge brands.

I was asked to grab an image of a baseball hat (cap, beanie, fitted, knit)  found on their MLB hats page and use up to 7 additional items to build a sports and athletics inspired outfit! The first thing that came to mind when approached with this fun challenge was "Sports Luxe". In my previous trends for spring and summer 2015 post, I included Sports Luxe as a trend to watch out for this SS15 season. With that in mind, I came up with this ensemble, inspired by the New Era St. Louis Cardinals Fan Clubhouse Flex Hat in white and red:

I personally love this trend. It combines the comfort and versatility of athletic pieces, such as jogger pants and bomber jackets, with more luxurious pieces such as heels and statement accessories. This look was inspired totally by Fanatics' St. Louis Cardinals baseball hat in white and red. It's easy to use a neutral colour, such as black or navy blue, when choosing a baseball hat for an outfit; however, I decided that I wanted some colour in there. I played off the white in the hat by putting together an all white outfit, keeping the ensemble clean and crisp. To add drama to the outfit, while also bringing the red in the baseball hat out, I paired it all with a pair of red strappy heels and a fun, statement clutch. Finally, no outfit is ever complete without some rocking jewelry. I decided to keep it simple, playing off the crispness of the entire ensemble, opting for a double layered gold bar necklace and gold rectangle hoop earrings, tying the gold detail in the statement clutch. 

Fanatics is the perfect go-to location when coming up with an on trend Sports Luxe look. They are the one-stop shop for high quality sports merchandise that can be used to create a wide number of sports luxe and sporty chic ensembles. Whether it be baseball jerseys, which could be worn as a shirt dress and paired with stilettos, or branded accessories that would compliment your sporty chic look, Fanatics is my choice!