Thursday 2 April 2015

Lady in Red

Pencil Skirt in Velvet - Asos Curve | Crochet Body Suit - Asos Curve
Oxblood Oversized Coat c/o Addition Elle 
So I decided to get a little bit fancy in this weeks blog post. Initially, I had wanted to put out an all black outfit (because black is my favourite colour), but this oxblood coat literally cried out to be paired with this ensemble. I am absolutely in love with this crochet body suit from Asos curve. It is the perfect piece to go with pretty much anything - a pair of boyfriend jeans, a maxi skirt or even paired with a blazer and high waist pants. It is definitely going to be a staple in my summer wardrobe as it is perfect for the beach or simply frolicking through fields of flowers (which is what I intend to do a lot of once the sun graces us with her presence). The velvet pencil skirt is also a great piece that speaks to the advantages of layering different types of material in one outfit. Layering different textures allows for both a visual, as well as aesthetic feel to an outfit, and is always a go to when layering the same colour. There is a wonderfully placed slit at the front of the skirt that allows for a little bit of flirty leg action too! I would recommend sizing down with this skirt, as my regular size was pretty large on me. I had to pin the back in order to get that body-con pencil skirt shape I was looking for. Paired with simple black pumps and a dark red lippie, this is the perfect outfit for a fancy dinner out! 

Photos by: Ubong E.