Monday 22 August 2016

Hint Hint Mother Nature

Black Floral Print Wrap Maxi Dress - New Look Plus
Espadrille Sandals - Similar here & here

Everyone is slowly putting aside their sandals and throwing their summer dresses into storage, but I refuse to part ways with summer. I refuse to start saying goodbye to all my shorts and strappy heels because I haven't yet had my fill of summer. Living in Calgary, there is usually a 2 month break from rain and frozen sleet in which we are blessed enough to see beautiful sunshine. However, this year, that hasn't quite been the case. My summer has consisted of stupid amounts of rain, cold mornings and overcast weekends. The little break I got was a result of leaving the province all together for a sun-filled weekend in Kelowna, only to be greeted by rain on the drive back into town.

So I will unapologetically wear my bold patterned maxi dresses and espadrille sandals right up until the first day of fall. I will dress in bright colours and seasonally questionable pieces in hopes that mother nature will take my not so subtle hint and give us at least an extra few weeks of something that resembles summer!

Side note - this time of the year is the perfect time to pick up summer pieces for a steal! Asos, New Look and Addition Elle all have end of season sales that allow you the option of finding beautiful summer pieces for a fraction of the cost. It is the perfect way to prep your closet for next year without breaking the bank!