Tuesday 17 May 2016

Head in the Clouds


Calvin Klein Printed Fit-and-Flare Dress - The Hudson's Bay

With summer finally showing it's fine self, it's time to start seriously thinking about our summer closet. My top pick for summer dressing are fit and flare dresses. You can never go wrong with a fit and flare. It is universally flattering on any body type, helping to create a waist area through the midsection. I'd have to say that about two-thirds of my closet is comprised of fit and flare dresses because they last through summer and can be dressed up or down depending on the look you are going for. 
I stumbled on this Calvin Klein beauty during the Hudson's Bay "Bay Days" event, and got it at a serious discount! This dress definitely falls in the more dressy realm when it comes to fit and flare dresses. It is made with a heavier material which is prefect for  keeping the flare portion of the dress. Of course it has a wicked print (as if I could ever wear anything without one), pairing floral tones with geometric shapes that draws the eye down to the hem of the dress. It fits like a dream and I would suggest sizing down to emphasize the fit and flare silhouette and paring it with light accessories, since the dress can clearly hold its own. I added my own personal splash of colour by wearing a bold purple lippie and my favourite pair of lavender strapped heels. I love the entire look and can't wait to add this dress to my summer occasion wardrobe!