Tuesday 20 September 2016

Fall Florals

One of the style ruts I sometimes fall into during the colder months of the year is staying away from patterns. As soon as it gets cold outside, my minimalist side comes to play in what I wear day-to-day. I tend to gravitate towards greys, creams and tan in fleeces and duster sweaters. This year, however, I made a promise to myself to try and get through fall and winter rocking as many prints as possible!
 This two piece set by Harper + Liv that I grabbed for a great deal at the Hudson's Bay flaunts a floral print in cool tones. This is my way of testing the water, dipping my toes into the pattern play during the cooler months. By using a pattern that incorporates cool colours, like the blues and navy found in this gorgeous print, I am able to use fall-inspired accessories to pull it into the season. I paired this two piece with a chocolate motor-jacket from Addition Elle and caged booties from Torrid to create a look that helps bring the vibrancy of summer into fall. The best part? This two piece offers up the opportunity to create 3 looks, with pairing them together as the first. I can not wait to style the cop top and skirt separately to create 2 unique looks!