Wednesday 13 April 2016

Pastel Florals

Shift Dress in Floral Print - Asos Curve SLavender Strappy Sandals (old c/o New Look) - Similar Wide Fit Options Here 
I am yet to find a pattern I do not like, and this pastel floral beauty from Asos Curve is no exception. I've gotten some flack in terms of the fit of this dress, with some rather colourful comments that compare it to someone's grandmother's table cloth (I LOL-ed pretty hard at that one); however, I adore the fit of this dress. It's a shift dress which means that it is at the other end of the the spectrum as compared to bodycons or pencil dresses. Shift dresses reside with the likes of t-shirt dresses, meaning a more relaxed cut through the middle with a bit of an a-line at the hem. The beauty of this dress is that it can be dressed up, as I did in this look with a statement necklace, bold clutch and minimalist strappy heels, or it can be dressed down with a denim jacket and a pair of soft pink kicks (a look that I am looking forward to putting together!). I adore the muted yet somehow neon print in a short sleeve that makes it the perfect spring to summer transitional piece.  

Now, lets chat about this polka dot clutch. In my world, there is no better accessory than a statement clutch. Nothing completes an outfit better than a clutch that can do one of three things - encompass all aspects of a look and tie everything together, select a prominent shade or detail and play it up, or takes the road less traveled with an out of the blue pop of fun. I am not one to play by the rules, so clutches usually tend to lean towards the out of blue when included in my looks, which is why I opted for a polka dot print clutch with a floral print dress. Yes, this is on the bolder end of the road less travelled but the same effect can be achieved with less of a contrast. For example, the Mary Katrantzou patterned clutch seen below is the perfect replacement for the polka dots. By introducing a different pattern, but one that remains in the same floral realm, you create a contrast that takes the entire look to the next level. Below are a few more bold clutch choices that range from the "bank account friendly" zone to the "eating instant noodles for a week in order to save up because they are gorgeous" zone.


When I threw up this look as a preview on the gram, I got a ton of comments regarding these strappy pastel beauties. I bought these last summer from New Look's widefit shoe line and, I must say, they are one of my most used pair of heels. They are extremely comfortable and go with pretty much every pattern I own, which is a legitimate criteria to survive as a shoe in my closet. If you don't already have a pair (or three), you should scroll through the below options and find your strappy sandal because they are a must have for the next few seasons. P.S. I'm currently on the market for a nude pair, so if you stumble on a solid choice, let your girl know!