Wednesday 5 August 2015

Curvy Corporate Pt. 3: The Pantsuit

Plus Wool Jacket - Jones New York Collection | Plus Wool Flat Front Pants - Jones New York Collection
Plus Split Neck Shirt - Jones New York Collection | Leopard Print Pumps Shoedazzlet (old) - Similar Here
Blue Gem Stone Necklace - Penningtons


I decided to tackle an outfit that has always been at the forefront of my mind as both powerful yet tricky to style - the pantsuit. The pantsuit is so much more than just a matching blazer and pant set - it is an outward personification of everyone's inner boss. I fell in love with this navy blue wool pantsuit from Jones New York Platinum Collection. The colour is stunning, a middle ground between the classic black and a soft grey, that adds drama to an every day work essential. I paired the navy blue pant suit with a light blue button up shirt from the same line and a blue gem stone necklace from Penningtons to play on the blue through out the outfit. My final addition had to be a pair of leopard print pumps from Shoedazzle. I had to find a way to sneak some print in, and these heels were the perfect way. With a pink sole and comfortable heel height, these shoes add the perfect touch of feminine sass, elevating this to a boss lady ensemble. 

This pantsuit fits like an absolute dream! It was a bit of a splurge, but it was a necessary investment for my wardrobe. Sometimes, it is worth putting in the extra dollar to get a wardrobe staple that is well tailored and hits every line perfectly. I walk with my head a little higher and exude confidence at every turn because I know what I'm wearing is pretty much flawless. The most important part of putting together an outfit for the workplace is making sure that you add touches of your own personal style into it. I did so by adding a pattern in the shoes, but other ways of doing so would include adding a colourful scarf or statement earrings. You feel the most confident when wearing what best reflects your personal style.