Monday 1 June 2015

What I Wore - Calgary Park Show

Chevron Jersey Surplice Dress - Ralph Lauren | Sheer Knit Cardigan  - Junarose
 Brerrama Earrings - Aldo Accessories | Strappy Heels (old) c/o Shoedazzle  - Similar Here
Last month, I attended the Park Fashion Show here in Calgary. It was a great event that truly showcased the creativity of local designers and artists. I decided to go with a bold print for the event, and lucked out on this beautiful red chevron dress by Ralph Lauren's plus sized line found at the Hudson's Bay. The dress is extremely flattering on any figure, with my favourite accent being the velvet belt that helps further define the smallest part of the waist. Paired with this sheer backed, Junarose long-line cardigan (which I absolutely adore) and statement red ankle strap pointy toed heels, this outfit was the perfect ensemble for the event. 


The chevron stripe of the dress and the rich colour of both the shoes and dress was enough detail for me.I didn't want to over power these great details, so I opted for very simple jewellery and a simple red lip (Mac Cosmetics Ruby Woo) to accompany it. A pair of black and gold, crystal drop earrings from Aldo Accessories added the perfect amount of bling to the outfit without over powering the overall glam. This dress will get a ton of use and I'm excited to style it many different ways!